I should do this more often

Thursday, May 19, 2011

I don't like people very much.


That's not true really. People are generally amazing and I enjoy their company.

What I despair of is ever getting anything done that involves more than three of them.

Here's a simple thing: at work, a couple of m'colleagues wanted to join a book club. They like reading, so why not? Why not indeed.
Being a practical sort, I suggested they form their own.

The easy way to start a club or group or anything is to get people to show up in one spot and do whatever it is they came to do. You are, for the most part, organizing a pissup in a brewery.

So I thought we could just get together in a Starbucks and talk about books.

Since that point, everyone who has become involved has wanted to modify what should be a simple exercise and we are now at the point where I'm thoroughly exasperated. It's my own fault, I'm trying to be accommodating. What I should be saying to specific people is:
"You know, it's great you want to be involved and everything, but you can quit trying to ruin a good idea now. The fact is, the potential for this event has always existed but not once in the preceding months did you have the wit to arrange it. So fuck off, you're wrong."

In future, I will keep my ideas small and quiet until they are well established.

In happier news, I was delighted to see Google Music in Beta.
It bravely announced that it would allow me to send all my music, from whatever device it was stored on, to the Cloud and access it from anywhere!

Neat!

Plus, knowing Google, it'd be free.

I noticed this at work, and came home with the intention of telling Spotify that it was all over between us. I fired up Spotify and, lo and behold, it proceeded to catalog all of my offline music and make it available in a Cloud, so I can access it on my mobile - which is an HTC Desire Z droid phone - and any other device.

I might still bin Spotify, because money is getting tight and the monthly subscription to premium is looking iffy, but it's nice to see Google beaten to the punch.

Also, the ability to mooch around Spotify for new stuff is very pleasing and has kept me usefully amused for hours.



0 comments:

Just so you know...

I don't know what this bit is for. Perhaps I should give it a purpose?

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP