The Play, What I Wrote, and What Got Performed To Generally Rave Reviews

Sunday, February 23, 2014

We got so into it I forgot to blog about it.

It went well.

From an original idea by Becca and based on conversations with her, we developed the idea of setting the Christmas story in the middle of a night's TV. We opened with a version of The Apprentice, recruited the angelic host with a riff on The X Factor and took in elements of Newsnight, The One Show and a general mishmash of television.

It worked.

It worked mostly thanks to the performances from the cast, who were great.  I got to do something I wish I'd done earlier- see someone perform my work. What a thrill.  Seriously a huge buzz.  Listening to people speak the words I'd written and feel comfortable enough to ad-lib, or to use them as a springboard for being genuinely funny, was just the best feeling.

I have decided against posting the script here, because I have been advised that it might be good enough to use commercially. I am going to investigate that before doing anything else.

0 comments:

Just so you know...

I don't know what this bit is for. Perhaps I should give it a purpose?

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP