Invaders Must Die!

Friday, February 20, 2009

I bought a CD. I was inspired to buy the CD because I haven't in aaaaages. Alas, it was not by an exciting new band.

It was The Prodigy.

And this is the world's worst music review.

Look, it's like a Greatest Hits album without actually being a compilation of The Prodigy's greatest hits. It might be a distillation of what made The Prodigy really good. The smart reviewers and people who know about this sort of music will tell you that things have moved on since Fat of the Land and this sort of thing is a bit...old news. On the other hand it's very definitely The Prodigy, and it's really good. You can tell, because I bought it. I don't like this kind of music, in general, but there's something about Liam, Keith et al that keeps me fascinated and entertained, dammit, and I really can't say that about many other bands.

Dave Grohl apparently guest-drums on Run With The Wolves, not that I could tell (because I have the musical talent of a wellington boot with tinitus).

But, look, I sampled a couple of the tracks prior to buying and liked what I heard. Then I listened to the whole thing. Twice. It made my head bounce and I smiled a lot.

Plus, I love the title. So, to sum up: it's The Prodigy, only moreso, and if you like that sort of thing then you'll definitely like this. And if you don't, then you probably won't. But if you aren't sure and the last thing you heard from this lot was Firestarter then you should find a way to listen to some of it because you might end up smiling, bouncing your head around and buying the CD.

Now, if you'll excuse me I want to go back and listen to Run With The Wolves again. I'm not entirely sure what Keith is going on about, but I can't get the drums out of my head.

0 comments:

Just so you know...

I don't know what this bit is for. Perhaps I should give it a purpose?

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP